Re: [ST] 190 tyre on RS

Right, I'd a bit of free time on my hands yesterday so I decided to switch
the rear wheel from my speed triple onto the ST and see how it handled.

The ST hoop has a 180 section Bridgestone BT020.
The SP3 hoop has a 190 section Avon Azaro III AV-50 SP.
The rims are identical.

Possibly not the most scientific experiment since I'm changing size,
compound, profile and possibly construction all at the same time but that's
what was in the garage :o)

Results?
The 190 Avon turns in quicker and sticks better than the 180 Bridgestone.

So I guess that means that the profile of the tyre when fitted to a correct
sized rim is what affects the handling (well duh!) rather than just blindly
saying that a 180 turns quicker than a 190.

If anyone wants to buy me a 180 section AV-50 I'll try a back to back
varying only the section ;o)

Oh, if anyone is interested, the BT020 on the speed triple was absolutely
horrible. Yeuch!
It was like riding a Super Motard it was so easy to break traction at the
rear.

Martin,
Ireland