[ST] RE: ST improvements

>I found a relatively easy way to gain HP on my Sprint ST.  I had the engine
>on my 99 rebuilt on Triumph's nickel because of excessive oil consumption.
>During the process I kicked in a few bucks to have the head milled slightly
>and the intake ports cleaned up for improved flow.  .

<<<How much milling and what was the increase in compression ratio? And
given
the ST's habit of wanting to run on high(er) octane fuel....was there any
problem
with pre-det.>>>

The heads were milled 18 thou front and 22 thou rear.  I looked through all
my notes about the work and can't find anything regarding the compression
ratio, so I don't have the exact number.  I have been running it on premium
since the work was done and haven't had any problems with pre-detonation.
The mechanic said whereas before it was recommend to run on 92 it would
probably run just fine on 89 and maybe 87 now I should always use 92.

I've put about 7000 miles on the bike since the rebuild.

- -Stephen