[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #724

In a message dated 12/28/02 12:40:48 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< this is currently advertised on ebay. for $14 with shipping it's  abargain
if it works - my town is blessed with lots of 'triggered' lights, but my
Al/plastic ST doesn't trigger them.

anybody tried this? should i be the guinea pig?

cheers

This sounds like the simple permanent magnet that you stick on the underside
of the bike. It has been around for a while. I saw it reviewed in a moto
magazine a year or so ago, and they said it didn't work. There are more
expensive battery powered devices such as Signalmatic, (Sorry-have no more
data) which I have on my '79 Bonneville, that do work. There is a plate with
a wire coil in it that attaches to the bottom of the centerstand, and a green
light that you put on the instrument panel to tell you when it's on. It is
triggered by the brake light circuit-mine seems quite effective. Dave
Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2002 #726