[ST] steering head bearings

At 09:55 PM 12/29/02, Alex wrote:
>I think it is about time to check and possibly adjust my steering head
>bearings, as the steering is getting a bit sort of vague and the bike feels
>slightly unstable at higher speeds even in a straight line.

On mine I found that the available alignment adjustment made possible by
the rear wheel wobble concentric makes a huge difference.  It is easy to
say, adjust your chain, and get the wheel out of alignment.  The symptoms
of this are like the ones you describe.  I'm writing this to suggest that
before you assume its the steering head bearings, take the cheaper route
and make sure your back wheel is aligned correctly, first.

Ken T. from Ca.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

95' Trident, 96' Virago 11, 99' Triumph Sprint ST, 02' Bonneville
http://www.labiker.com/gallery/images/K_M/kent.html