RE: [ST]Open practice?

- -----Original Message-----
From: Charles McCullough
<snip>
Try Ed Bargy http://www.edbargyracingschool.com/

Holds track days/school at tracks around the Southeast. From East
Tennessee, you're within 3-4 hours of a lot of great tracks (Carolina,
Roebling, Talladega, VIR, etc.).

Primarily oriented towards racing but.....that's what tracks are for. Lots
of track time/instruction/etc. A benefit is that if/when you complete his
school, you can come to practice days (very cheap) that are held on school
days.....you get the track while school is doing classwork. Typically
$75-$100 for a day (usually on a friday before WERA race weekends).

Hth...<snip>

Hey Charlie,

Are things different at those tracks nearer to you? At NHIS (Loudon NH), the
Friday open practice (on Fridays just before an LRRS race weekend), the open
practice requires a racing license and of course, there's no formal
instruction.

The track day I'm doing isn't about racing. It's purely skill development
for the street rider. The advantage of being at the track is that you get to
hit the same sand-free corners over and over, no oncoming cars, passing
other bikes in the group is OK (in the right places), you won't hit a
signpost or a tree if you do drop it, and you get good coaching.

I certainly don't expect anyone to ride or cart their bike 7 hours to this
track day. (But it *would* be nice to see you!) Charlie, you could show us a
thing or two with that TZ. My good friend Tony Iannarelli (a member of the
TZ250.com site) won his LWGT class this year. He is my resource for this
track day, and payments will be going to him.
- ---