[ST] new ST owner / list member

(I sent this once before but didn't catch it on the list....so forgive me I
missed it and I'm repeating myself!!)

I'd like to introduce myself as a new ST owner and list subscriber!

My name is Colin and I live just south of San Francisco. I'm 32 and have
been riding for a few years, racking up nearly 10k miles per year commuting,
sport-touring weekends and the occasional camping trip to Yosemite.

I was bitten hard by the motorcycling bug and have owned 4 bikes in the past
two years. I've been riding a Bandit 600 (great commuter, comfortable, a
little buzzy and down on power), had an SV650 for a short time (fantastic
little v-twin, but a bit too small for my 6'1" frame) but replaced it with a
Moto Guzzi V11 Sport get my fix for twins.

The little Bandit has served me well but I've been looking for a replacement
that offers similar comfort, more torque, better handling and factory
hardbags. I recently found a pristine black 2000 Sprint ST with very low
miles and took the plunge. I've only ridden it about 50 miles since then
(cold in the Bay area this year!) but so far I'm very impressed. The triple
is a romping motor (preachin' to the choir!), the bike handles very well and
the fit and finish appear to be top notch. It's not quite as comfortable as
the Bandit (that has standard handlebars) but I'm going to add the GenMar
risers and hope my back and wrists adjust.

I've been reading the list for a couple of weeks as I gathered info before
the purchase, and this seems like a great group!

Best regards,
Colin

'00 Sprint ST (black)
'01 V11 Sport Rosso Mandello

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, enclosures and
attachments.