Re: [ST] Radar installation

original message:
>From: "VB" <vcburton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>There doesn't seem to be any information on the website or in the achieves
>regarding the installation of radar.

First off Val, if you are shopping for a R/D at Best-Buy etc...STOP!  If you
don't get a Valentine V1, or at the very minimum a Passport Escort 8500, you
are wasting your money, and will prolly end up getting MORE tickets based on
a false sense of security.  (some would argue a V1 or nothing and I wouldn't
argue much with them).  Look at it this way, you could buy a cheap R/D, but
one ticket and you could just about could buy the V1 ($400.00) or certainly
the 8500 ($300.00).

As far as mounting.  Most folks just carry them in or on their tank-bag. One
madman (you know who you are), has mounted his INSIDE his rear hardbag and
swears it works fine.  I have mine mounted (with 3M "Dual-Lock" NOT velcro)
on the faring lip directly under my headlight (fits great).  Some have even
removed their "third-eye" and rigged up a mount there.  Of course all these
options require the use of an earbud to hear the warning signals.  I think
this to be a smart way to go as trying to keep an eye on a visual warning
system could be dangerous.  If you are going fast enough to NEED a detector
you should be concentrating on the ROAD.

STeve Duncan
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx

"you don't know that you don't know what you don't know"