Re: [ST] Daytona engine in my ST -- need an opinion

>There's an outfit, across the pond, in the UK which builds racing engines
>for cages but also has a very close relationship with Triumph.  They have a
>"kit" which will modify our engines and upgrade the performance to 140+
>ponies at the crank.  It will require you to tear down your engine and ship
>them some parts to modify and they'll ship them back with the rest of the
>kit.  The total cost is approx 2600 pounds or about $3685.75 plus V.A.T.

The company is called John Wilcox Competition Engines  http://www.wilcoxengines.demon.co.uk

Their kit is for the daytona, but they state that with some upgrades to the ST engine to make it stronger and lighter that the same kit can be used.  I believe to use their kit you'd have to change to forged pistons and alloy cylinder sleeves (st has cast iron). Also the connecting rods need to be shotpeened. Once you've brought the engine up to daytona specs then you could use their kit. The kit includes Modified Cylinder head, Larger valves, New cams, Vernier cam sprockets, Special Exhaust System with carbon can, Modified pistons, High flow filter, High pressure fuel regulator, gaskets, modified pistons and modified trumpets and their version of the power commander. You have to supply them with complete cylinder head, including cams, sprockets, valves, springs etc. Throttle Body's complete. Rubber air intake trumpets (from airbox)
ECU, Pistons with a cost of 1995 gbp

They also mention that they are developing a kit for the ST engine which should be about 1000 gbp, and produce 120hp.  This statement has been there for quite sometime, so you might want to contact them and see if they have finished it.
Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Lucifer Orange Sprint ST
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or