RE: [ST] Fuel regulator whine

At one point TOA was supposed to have the killer
cure forthcoming, but I never heard that anything has worked so
far.  Anyone elsh have any info?

[1]  Replacing fuel pump, filter, regulator . . .

Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST
"NO Dawg"

Windy Corner confirmed it is the regulator that causes the problems,
however, the problem is that Triumph have not rebuilt the part or re-spec'd
it so all the dealer can do is keep replacing it until one cures it.  Not
the ideal solution, it seems that some of Triumphs initial designs are a bit
way ward as in the centrifugal oil filter in the left hand side of the
crankcase, which has now been redesigned to cure a small oil leak.  Maybe
eventually they will sort out the reg with a slightly better design to stop
the howling.  After spending a few years on Jap crap though (IMHO) I will
stick by Triumph every inch of the way and put up with 'the howler' (The
bike) the Triples are by far and away the best engines I have had the chance
to use, of course only when fitted to a Black frame and Black bike though!!

- ---
Rich Crinson

'01 Black RS