[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #81

STeve Duncan wrote:>
>>From: Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>4. Whoknowsville - I play this game of "Where does this road go?"

> I just pick two directions, say, north and east, and just head those
> directions on any/all roads that look interesting.  I keep this up for
> hours, or days, to the halfway point of the alloted time.  Then turn and
> head, south & west, trying to avoid most of previously ridden roads (unless,
> of course they were killer-diller). >

When I do this I usually limit myself to an hour or two. The last time I
did it (also my longest, 3 hours out, uncalculated time to return)was
when I was attacked by a killer Volvo at turn around time. My wife, when
she came to pick me up at the hospital, couldn't believe that I went to
get the Blue Devil worked on and wound up that far from home. "The Devil
made me do it!" Heck, I had to look at a map to figure out where I was.

Non-ST but somewhat related: One of my favorite movie scenes was in "And
Justice for All" when Al Pacino gets in the helicopter with Jack Warden
who tells him that he likes to "go a little more than half way." He
explains that he flys out and when he has used up a little more than
half his gas he heads back. As the scene continues, the helicopter runs
out of gas and crashes in water a few yards from the landing pad.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan in -Ah, damnit, there's always next year.

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil 2"

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
                                Bumper sticker