Re: [ST] ST cutting out..continued

Martin,

There are other problems that can cause the same thing. It can also be
improper adjustment of the side stand safety switch or neutral indicator
switch or a pinched wire or bad safety kill switch.

The 2002 does monitor itself. Beginning in 2002 Triumph started using a
closed loop system. The difference you'll notice is an oxygen sensor in
the exhaust. The California bikes have had it all along, but the 49
states bikes didn't get it until 2002. Good luck.

jhs

Martin Harvey wrote:

>Well took the bike out today.  Thought I'd ride the 30 miles to the
>dealer.  No problem at all
>
>Whilst I was there I was unable to get the CO checked as there were no
>mechanics in.  The dealer told me that the new 2002 engine monitors the
>CO itself and it can't be adjusted manually.
>
>Rode back and it cut out 3 times !!!!!
>
>Aaarrgghhh!!!
>
>Any more ideas please
>
>Cheers!