RE: [ST] First Ride

From: Linda Combe
Ohhhhh!  Just got back from my first ride on my new ST.  Ohhhhh!
>It handles so much better than the Trophy.  The steering is so responsive,
and it feels so light!
Thanks for meeting me there, Ken.  Sorry I couldn't follow you back at your
preferred speed (of light), but the instructions said not over 5000rpm until
LATER, as you so kindly pointed out.<snip>

Linda,

I wasn't having any problems with YOUR pace, it was your husband's that was
too slow.  :-O

Honestly, when you & I were out in front, your pace was nice & relaxed,
between 65-70 mph. Once Jay got in front of you with that
Pontiac.....droning along at 55-60 mph on a 65mph Interstate (that few
people do at less than 72),...I had to get moving to avoid riding too much
in the dark. Sorry about that. I stopped at my brother's place in West
Hartford to say hi, and headed home.

As for break-in, you were doing fine. I don't know what the stock
countershaft/rear sprocket gearing is for a 2001 ST, but my stock 2000 RS
pulls 74mph at 4000 rpm (pretty sure). We were doing fine, no danger to the
life of your DeSTiny's motor. You looked GREAT on it, and the grin on your
face was so big I could see it through the helmet! Enjoy.

BTW, don't you get $500 worth of free gear and/or accessories with that
purchase? My advice, get the heated grips, I'll help you put them in. (Done
it twice now.) That's one bit Jay can't get from Honda for his lowly ST1100.
ooPS...I meant *LOVELY* ST110...yeah, that's it.  ;-)

Great day for a ride. I logged 260 miles in sub-40F temps, but stayed toasty
warm.