Re: [ST] Is that right?

Yes, I believe all prices listed in the UK have to include VAT, I guess
to help people forget how much tax they pay. When you purchase something
from JL the price you pay will not include VAT with is something like
17.5% IIRC (probably not though).

FWIW, in Canada, specifically in Ontario the total sales tax is 15%, and
it is not hidden, very scary when your standing in line with a 150
dollar item say, you then say, 10% is 15 bucks, add another 7.50, 22.50
in tax, f#@$

BTW, thanks again for all the notes thanking me for the pictures.

Tom

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 TrumpST@xxxxxxx wrote:

> OK, silly question #356.  Is the JL carbon hugger really @$250(US)?  Is that
> including the infamous VAT that may not be charged to a US buyer?  For some
> reason I wanna doubt the currency converter site I went too.  I'm in overall
> price shock anyway after being too the dealer.  DAMN I got a lot of extra
> stuff.  And now I wanna get more stuff, from other connections.  Whoops, the
> credit card heard me, it's whimpering in the corner, heh-heh-heee!

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500