Re: [ST] Alarm LED

Mike Bostock wrote:

>In the process of fitting my new Phillips Vision Plus lamps and the single
>'blue' W5W the wires on the alarm LED just fractured.  "It just fell orf in
me
>'and, Guv".

So did mine.  I just went to an electronics shop, bought a standard white
LED of the right diameter and soldered the wires on it.  Sorry, I can't
remember if it was a 12V or 6.3V LED.  I also put some Araldite (epoxy) over
the wires on the new LED to keep moisture off and stop them corroding.  The
new LED is not as bright as the original but it flashes away happily.

Make sure you get the wires the right way round, of course; when my alarm
was first fitted, the original LED did not work as the wires were the wrong
way round in the stock wiring harness, so I swapped the pins in the
connector rather than disconnecting the LED.

Neil