[ST] Re: Radar detectors in st-digest V2002 #86

LUDO WROTE:

> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:42:46 +0100
> From: "Ludo Andries \(E-mail\)" <ludo.andries@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] Radar detectors
>
> Hi guys,
>
> The Belgian government is drastically going to increase the 'price' for a
> speeding ticket.
> When you drive 20 kms faster than the speed limit your ticket can be...
> 2500$ (yes two thousand five hundred!)
> (now it is 150$)
> I suddenly am very (although it is forbidden) interested in a detector.
> I saw on the list many of you in the states are using a Valentine one
> detector.
> Now my question is: in Belgium the most used way of catching is the use of
> camera and a speed detector.
> The police 'flashes' you when you drive past their (hidden) car.
> Does the valentine one detects these kind of things?
>
> TIA
>
> Ludo, Belgium (and scared)
> Red 99 ST

My condolences on the oppresive measures that the Belgian government is
implementing. I use a combination of things on my various vehicles that
should help you. Some of my vehicles have a license plate cover of a thin
plastic that makes the plates unreadable by photo-radar. You can read the
license straight on, it's just from an angle that they are unreadable.
Photo-radar always shoots from the side. This has always worked for me.
I also have a couple of radar jammers. One is a portable with a detector
built in and is called "Phantom II", the other I have built into my sports
car and is undetectable, it has sensors front and rear. It is called Black
Widow and is just a jammer (no detector). The police just cannot gtet a
reading on you. Do a search on radar jammers and you will find them, just
buy the best price.
The license covers I originally bought from an ad every month in the back of
Road and Track magazine. The last sets I bought on e-Bay. Everyone in my
office uses them and so far we are all OK.
Good luck, and do your speeding in Germany!

Nathan (Toronto...now in Moscow)
Blue ST, and a bunch of Harleys and other antique bikes (The Triumph is the
most fun!)