Re: [ST] fuel connector leak question

>> Anyway, I want to remove the quick connector and check that o-ring
> first, but do I need to depressurize the system?  If so, how?  Is there
> a fuel pump fuse or relay I can pull and then run the engine till it
> uses up the available fuel in the lines?
>
> And if I decide to try and pull that base piece out of the brass plate,
> is fuel going to come pouring out of the tank?

Brian,

The quick disconnects are just that - quick. They instantly (almost) seal
off the gas tank and the fuel line when you release them. The hose has the
male end and the O-ring that can get chewed up. From my experience, its a
good idea to have extra O-rings around any time you disconnect the fuel
lines. Of course, I haven't had to do that for awhile, so they might have
upgraded the quality of them by now. Just be easy on it...you shouldn't have
to force it out. If you see any nicks or tears, hopefully you've identified
the extent of your problem.

Probably would be a good idea to check the O-rings out and the tank fitting
like Erik said.

- -Chris "Snow Dawg" Strizver