RE: [ST] Brake question

God I wish mine was that simple!

Braved the cold this morning for the 50 mile ride to work. Just about 2
miles before the end, grabbed a finger of front brake and the lever came
right back to the bar!! Just as well I had room to slow by other means.

Got to take a look on arrival at work. No fluid loss, but lever still
lifeless. Checking the front discs the RH was stone cold with a very thin
film of dirt or corrosion on the surface. No right hand brake working then.

Checked out the left and it's extremely hot and blue through the heat,
despite no lever. Calliper is seized on obviously. Looking closer at the
disc it is completely distorted to the extent of looking like a banana  from
the front. Totally scrap!! Bike is currently unrideable!!!

This is all despite having had all the brake calliper seals done at the 2
year service a couple of months ago by Bridge Motorcycles in Exeter, UK.
Perhaps I am wrong in assuming that if they took the callipers apart to
change the seals, they would clean and lubricate them too?

Whatever, the bike is back at the offending dealers now. Just waiting to see
what they want me to pay to replace the disc(s) and pads, etc. to get it all
working again. I can foresee a need to go to court with this one to get them
to pay, because I sure as hell don't think I should have to. I don't reckon
2 months and less than 500 miles is beyond the expectations of serviced
brakes!

Bloody pain as I was due to take it to another dealer in the morning, prior
to trading for a Centennial Daytona on 1st March.

Dave Mc

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!