[ST] Happy Dance

I got the new '02 ST home this afternoon.  After squeezed 35 miles out of a
45 deg Sat afternoon and I have to say I can't wait for break in to be over.
Some random things that occured too me today after getting the bike:

1)  What was I thinking leaving the stock can on the '99.  I have the Triumph
Carbon Fiber on the '02 and ooooooo, sweeet!
2)  Everything seems in the same place, but it flips from side to side alot
easier.  I've probably been away from riding too long, 3 months.
3)  The switch gear changed completly.  Buttons are smaller, as are the
entire switch blocks.
4)  The mechanics seem to insist on adjusting the clutch to engauge in the
last 1/4 inch of lever travel.  Hey, I got short fingers get that back closer
to the bar.(Will adjust personally)
5)  BREAK IN SUCKS!!!!! :)
6)  How do people shift gears with that damn long reach to the shifter.  I'm
used to riding on the balls of my feet, now I have to be on my arches, which
feels like my heels, to reach.
7)  Even at this mileage the transmission is very, very smooth.  Especially
compared to the '99 when this new.  Alot less pressure, and clunking taking
place.
8)  The old 1 piece Daytona shifter that I saved from the '99 puts the pedal
in the same place as the new stock one on the '02.  There is that much
difference in how the new motor mounts in the frame.  Looks like I'll be
ordering a '02 Daytona/Speed Triple shifter to try to get that familiar feel
back.
9)  The Zero Gravity SportTouring shield I took off the '99 slid right in
place on the '02. So no upper fairing changes this year.
10)  The new throttle cable routing is alittle curious.  I'll try and post a
pic in a little bit.
11)  The new FI system makes a few more R2-D2 sounds(whir, click, whir).
Kinda cool.
and finally
12)  BREAK IN SUCKS!!!!  I wanna rev, just a little, come on.  Oh
alright(stub toe in ground) I'll be good.......for now.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen