[ST] New Sprint RS Owner

  Well, I went and did it!  I traded in my '98 T Bird Sport for a new
'01 Sprint RS in Racing Yellow this morning.  This bike is great!  It is
the first bike that I have owned with a fairing, and I am impressed with
its effectiveness.  Other observations:  The bike has a much tighter
turning lock than I had expected.  That's a pleasant surprise.  The
handling seems wonderful, and this is the smoothest bike on the freeway
that I have ever owned.  Keeping the revs below 3500 is a real pain, and
could get you run over on Southern California freeways.  I can't wait
until I get a few more miles on her and can open her up.  The front
brakes are amazing, but the rear hardly works at all.  No matter how
hard I push on the pedal, I can't lock the rear tire.  It's a good thing
that I never use the rear brake, anyway.  The mirrors provide a perfect
view of my shoulders... wot's up wit' dat?  And no helmet lock?  Tsk,
Tsk.  Too bad there are these two blemishes on what is otherwise a
terrific machine.  At least they should be easy to fix.  Gotta go now...
there are many more miles to be ridden today.

Wes Kendall

Grinning from ear to ear