Re: [ST] New Sprint RS Owner

From: Wes Kendall

 > Well, I went and did it!  I traded in my '98 T Bird Sport for a new
'01 Sprint RS in Racing Yellow this morning.  This bike is great! <snip>

Congratulations Wes, and welcome to the world of breeze-breaking yellow
bikes. In my (heavily biased) opinion, you have selected one of the two
model years with the best damned color scheme there is. Sweet bikes indeed!
The best part is that it's going to grow on you quickly, as I love mine more
now than I did when I first got it,  and I was rather smitten when I picked
mine just 1 year, 11 months ago yesterday.

Your T-Bird Sport was no slouch, BTW, as it had more adjustments on the
front fork than these Sprints. But you will find the power increase and
smoother torque curve to be a nice improvement. Add the Triumph CF can with
it's associated tune, and you'll be even more impressed!

I guess I'm one of the few owners who has no issue with the rear brake,
however. Mine works just fine, and I can easliy lock it up when I need to. I
do that only for effect of course, as it does make a driver more aware of
his/her mistake if you come at them with the ass end on it's way 'round.
heh heh The only time I really needed rear brake lockup to change direction
of the bike was when I came around a (normally deserted) corner at 60mph to
find a pickup truck making a U-turn.

Short story: He was backing across the road quicker than I could possibly
have stopped or turned. I stood the bike up and clamped on both binders.
Both skidded, but brushed off a lot or speed. In my best Gary McCoy
imitation, I let go of the front to allow the rear to swing around some, and
let off the rear just as my front wheel passed the corner of the bumper. The
bike then took off in a path parallel to the back of that truck, and I
nailed the gas. Just made it! The assh*le never even saw me. The point here
is, get the rear working... you just may need it some day.

Enjoy your new ride, and may your break-in peroid pass quickly.

Ken M.