RE: [ST] Oil consumption

At 04:22 PM 18/02/02 -0800, Snow Dawg wrote:
>Site glass, as discussed at length on the list before, is useless. There is
>just a little oil visible in the site glass with the bike on the centerstand
>on level ground.

I was going to write "RTFM," but both the Triumph user's manual and
workshop manual are ambiguous about how the oil level is checked. Neither
actually say that the bike shouldn't be on the centrestand, but at the same
time, the bike can't really be "level" unless it's sitting on its
tires--front and rear.

For that reason I think the level should be checked with the bike off the
centrestand. Then the sight glass works just fine--just like it says in the
FAQ.

Sheep Dawg and Old Shep
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca