Re: [ST] Chatterbox, Communicator OR ??

Hi there Tony

Ive had the Chatterbox for a couple of years, and I recommend it.  Its very
clear, and the kit for the Stereo Chatterbox is on sale now thru Chapparal
for $175. Yeah, its a close-out.  The batterys last a long time-just dont
keep charging them after a 3 hour ride, because they will develop a memory-I
have lost one (I have two Chatterbox radios) because of that.  The range is
a genuine 2 miles-in plain view that is.  Canyons sometimes I experience
cutouts-but I dont think its the radios fault.  My only complaint is that I
like to listen to a CD or a tape.  Above 70/80 sometimes it will cutout-the
radio still works, but the CD shuts itsself off.
Maybe its the CD Walkman, although I bought the $100 version with 45 seconds
skip protection.  I keep the CD Walkman in its padded case on my belt, and
its not in a draft.
I like the convenience of having it on my helmet.  I dont wear it when Im by
myself, and it just snaps off, leaving a small tab to attach to.  The
speakers, I installed just under the fabric lining of my Shoei RF800, not
sticking them on the lining as instructions suggest.  If you put them behind
the padding-you cant hear it no matter how much volume you use.  If you ride
2up, you must purchase a cord to attach the Chatterbox you are wearing to
your passengers headset.  I forget if the passenger headset is included in
the Chatterbox kit.
I really enjoy the radios-they are functional too-you can yell at your
buddy-and tell him he just missed the turnoff, or watch that sand on the
roadway.

Regards

Burt &
Big Red