[ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #102

> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:12:04 -0500
> From: "Big Riff" <big_riff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [ST] Coolant Leak
> Eric,
>
> I saw a couple of drops of coolant in exactly the same spot near the
> radiator a few weeks back.  Not enough to create a puddle on the floor, in
> fact not enough to even make it to the floor.  The bike had been sitting
for
> about three weeks (the longest it's sat since I bought it).  At first I
> thought it was coming from around the fittings on the radiator, but after
> wiping up the drops I couldn't find any cracks.  The only other place it
> could've come from is around the hoses themselves.  The two hose clamps
were
> pretty tight, but I gave them about a quarter turn each anyway.  I've
ridden
> about 200 miles since then, and I've been checking for leaks but haven't
> found any more.  The bike has not sat for more than a week since I
tightned
> the clamps yet, so I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it...  Hope this
> helps...
>
> John
> '01 Sprint ST - BRG

Eric,

I had the same problem, as if the temperature dipped a bit lower than
normal, I was seeing a small radiator fluid leak from one of the hoses on
the left side of the bike (I saw a drop of radiator fluid hanging from the
bottom of a hose through the lower fairing vent).

I explained the situation to the folks that did the recall work (clutch
cable, fuel gauge sender), and they just tightened it up for me.  Haven't
seen a drop since...

Hope this helps as well.

Charles
'01 Sprint ST - Red