Re: [ST] Radar detectors...question

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Kevin Liske wrote:

> Maybe I haven't done enough homework and research to
> answer this question myself.  I understand that for
> radar, our bags and bodies are transparent.  But for

AFAIK are bodies are not transparent, we a bags of water that very much
attenuate the radar signal. Laser radar is very much in the visable
band.

Normal radar does go up into the microwave range.

> the laser detection, I'm a little confused.  Are the
> lasers microwave (masers actually)?  Coherent light is
> still light and keeping a detector in a light opaque tankbag
> is not going to let it "see" the light.  So how does
> laser detection work?

Yes, you need complete line of site, trying to have the light go through
plastic at a extreeme angle, such as lying in a tank bag will probably
yield with not the best results as I would expect the light to refract.

must go,
later,
Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500