[ST] oil level

Boy, I'd be really leery about using the site glass as a guide to putting
the correct volume of oil in your bike. You say the site glass should be
checked with the bike upright on its tires on level ground--not on the
centerstand. How accurate can this be? How can you tell if it's level? You'd
get a different reading every time. As far as I can tell, the bike is
essentially level when on the centerstand. As such, the site glass SHOULD
work with the bike on the centerstand, but it doesn't.

I think the only way to truly know how much oil is in the bike is to drain
it.

- - - -Chris

And for the guy who put 4 quarts in and the  oil level didn't dome up to hte
sight glass; The bike should have 4.22 quarts in it. That would probably put
the level in the sight glass where it belongs.
Bare