Re: [ST] OFF TOPIC: Palindromic Event

Strizver, Chris L" <chris.l.strizver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The time approaches (pun intended) for yet another historic moment to be
> recognized and properly celebrated in the manner of your kin.  That time is
> nigh -- 8:02 pm on Wednesday 20 February, to be precise, as something
> happens for only the second time in history that will never happen again.

Or at least not until March 3rd (20:02, 3/3, 2002)

> As the clock ticks over from 8:01 pm 20 February, time will, for 60 seconds
> only, read in perfect symmetry: 2002, 2002, 2002 -- or, to be more precise,
> 20:02, 20/02, 2002.

> The last time this happened, it didn't really happen, because at 10:01 am on
> 10 January 1001 no one had a digital 24-hour clock at hand with which to
> read such a symmetrical pattern.

What about January 1? (20:02, 1/1, 2002)

> And because the clock only goes up to 23:59, it won't happen again -- at
> least, not on this planet or with our current calendar.

Actually between now and September 9 it will happen once a month. And
again, depending on type of notation, October 1 (10/01 or 10/1 or
01/10), 11/11 and 12/21 (or 21/12)

> So, don your celebratory duds, break out the appropriate libation, gather
> friends and family, turn on the digital camera and do the moment proud.

So now we can party our pants off at least once a month this year

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan in -Ah, damnit, there's always next year.

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil 2"

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
                                Bumper sticker