Re: [ST] So, what DO you want on TV?

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, STeve Duncan wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Overall I think you boys do a pretty good job.  The new "series" of road
> trips, I think, is an excellent addition.  I know a lot of the folks on this
> list are of the tekkie sort and might like to see more in that vein.  Let me
> just put in my vote for NO tech type stuff.  Too hard to digest in a T.V.
> show format, save it for the print mag where it can be referred to when
> needed.

Funny, I agree with a lot of what you have to say Steve, but, I will
through in my $0.02(u.s.). I would happily glue myself to the TV for an
hour or more watching a guy (or gal) adjust valves, replace a cam chain,
hone a cylinder, jet carbs, talk about pros and cons about  EFI etc.

There is just something about seeing someone do something rather then
read about what they did. Of course, words are not my strong point so
YMMV.

> I prefer, Road Tests, maybe the occasional Pro personality profile (how
> 'bout an interview with Reuben Xaus???). Some long term reports, like ya
> have in the mag.

I can see it now, Jay Leno roosting on his y2k ! But again, I would watch!

> But really, the road trips, and in-depth reports from all the great Rallye's
> (I can't be at ALL of'em) are what float my boat.  These two things are of
> the type that have more impact on T.V. than in print.

Cool..

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500