Re: [ST] best chain?.. and now lubes and cleaners!!!

> The mechanic at my shop told me that all my chain really needs to keep it
> clean is WD40.  He went on to say that's because all the lube that the
chain
> really needs is on the inside, kept in there by the O-rings.  And that
> adding chain lube to what is essentially the outside of the O-rings will
> only cause it to attract and build-up dirt.  That's the first time I've
ever
> heard that.  I've always lubed the chain on my bikes whether they were
dirt
> or street, with standard or O-ring chains.

I agree that you could use WD-40 & grunge brush to clean the chain.  I
disagree that only the O-rings area is the only place to lube.  The main
contact area where the chain meets the sprocket should also be lubricated &
not WD-40.  It's too thin and will fly off.  ONLY use WD-40 for cleaning,
when done wipe chain and lube with your favorite lube (I prefer Chain Wax)

Rich
00'Sprint RS

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!