From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David McCarthy
Sent: 21 February 2002 20:32
To: ST@triumphnet. com; WaleSWeST@yahoogroups. com
Subject: [ST] Shot myself in the foot or shafted by a crap dealer?

Both at a guess!

Spoke to the dealer (Bridge Motorcycles) on Monday. Was informed the
busted brake disk was busted for no reason they could find and hence I
would have to pay for repairs. 1 hours labour plus the cost of spares
(UKP 140 + VAT for the disc and whatever for 2 sets of EBC Pads). Agreed
begrudgingly, so they could order spares immediately. Told it would be
possibly today
(Thursday) or definitely by Friday.

To make myself feel better, I wrote to Bridge Service Manager, copied to
a Bridge Director and also to Triumph expressing my displeasure at the
failure, so soon after work they (Bridge) had carried out and suggesting
that they should really pay for it. Sent recorded delivery with
guaranteed receipt and signature yesterday (Wednesday).

Called the Bridge Service Department late this afternoon to enquire when
it would be ready. Put through to Shaun Locke (Service Manager) who
stated that as I had sent a letter about not wanting to pay for it (Not
true, I only said unhappy), they had not completed the repairs. More to
the point, they had cancelled the spares ordered from Hinckley! Heated
discussion ensued, with Bridge quotes like disks have a short life.
Maybe, but not 13K short I reckon. Top and bottom is Service Department
are not going to pay for it, Bridge Directors say they won't pay for it
and neither will Triumph (according to Mr "piggin" Lock.

Not a happy boy on my end of the phone. After assurances that I will pay
for the repairs and take any action to recover the costs at a later
date, they have now agreed to complete the repairs, but god knows by
when. Looks like a Small Claims Court job to at least try and get the
money back.

I guess perhaps I may have brought it on myself, but that really is the
last straw with Bridge! I will make just one more visit to pick it up,
if and when it's fixed and then they can shove it. They won't get
another penny out of me. I won't "ever" visit them again. I expect a bit
more when I/we have spent UKP22,000 with them on bikes alone in the last
2.5 years, without considering clothing and service costs.

Time to fill in the 2002 Ride Power Survey and tell them what a shower
of shit Bridge really are these days. Support your local dealer right?
Not when they are such a pile of unadulterated crap, sorry.

Totally pissed off!

Dave Mc

*   *