Re: [ST] Phoenix was not first

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, John Petrey, Jr. wrote:

> Interesting comment. While riding in EXTREME heat with the radiating temps
> off tarmac hovering at what? 150 deg. F?  I have actually put a non-perf.
> jacket back on after going a bit with just tshirt. I don't own a mesh/perf
> jacket but the radiating heat can be so extreme it feels better to have a
> jacket on to protect you from the heat.
>
> Anyone else experienced this?

Absolutely true...I was pretty hot on the way home from an August ride,
wearing a First Gear Scout II at the the time.  Decided to take it off it
was so hot in traffic, but as soon as I cleared the traffic I had to stop
to put it back on as it was actually cooler when running.  Granted, they
are a very well ventilated jacket but in my case the sun beating down on
me was hotter in the tshirt than with the jacket on.

I'm thinking Phoenix jackets would be most comfortable with a long sleeve
tee.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail