[ST] Re So what DO you want on TV?

"Besides Triumphs every show (there's my ST content), what would you
like to
see on the Motorcyclist/Speed Channel show?"

Boy, did you open a personal can of worms for me.
To start how about less informercials?  I realize you have to pay the
bills but now with FOX's deep pockets, maybe they could forgo Bowflex in
prime time. (Someone could perhaps remind the folks back in CT that
1:00AM is 9:00 PM out west!)  I don't mind the car related stuff much, I
even watched Mr. Bell's excellent program on the Audi All-Road twice,
but what are they thinking, that our brains will  turn to mush and we
will finally cave in an buy Ron Popeils "Set it and forget it" cooker
the 50th or 60th time they run the program.  As second point, I think it
highly compromises "Speed Channels" integrity to continue to broadcast
the "ZMax" snake oil (sorry, make that mineral oil) infomercial while
they are under indictment for making false claims.  I would gladly see
"Legends of MS" it there place over and over. IMHO, you can't get enough
of 40-90's road racing.
Now, for the positive!  I would like to see more current coverage of
European auto and M/C racing.  This years coverage of the Euro Endurance
series was great "methadone" to get me through the winter drought, but
how 'bout a weekly series?  (Maybe in the AB-FLEX spot!) This programing
is out there, so I don't think I would be a huge investment for Fox to
buy and broad cast it.
I would also like to see a "Legends" type program for F1, in fact
complete re-broadcasts of past racing seasons.  Perhaps rights would be
a little more difficult with Mr. Ecclestone, but what is he profiting
now from the tapes they surely must have of the previous seasons of
racing.  I would really like to sit down some night and watch and old
Senna-Mansell dual like I watch old Daytona 500s, etc.
As for Motorycyclist on Speed/ Bike Week, don't change a thing. I love
it.  To the point that Tuesday is now my favourite day of the week.
Pehaps everything on it isn't what I would put on if I were the
producer, but then again I'm NOT the producer.  Two of my favorite bits
were Riding in Moab with Dale/Elite M/C tours and Trail Braking with
Freddie Spencer.  Having been lucky enough to do both, I really enjoyed
seeing it on the show.

Which brings me to my final point.  If I had ONE wish, I would really
like to see a Motorcycle Riding EDUCATION  show on Speed Channel.  With
Speed's ties with Freddie, perhaps a Honda sposored, 16 part series on
rider education?  Or perhaps, to broaden the appeal, bring in Derek Daly
and have a general 'High Performance Riding/Driving" education series?
Given that lack of education is one of the most common threads in M/C
accidents, it would be a great public service to produce such a
program.  BTW, I would be available to work on such a program! :-)

David
'99ST