Re: [ST] Uber cruiser spotted ?

Well no bike is going to be the best in all four of those categories. I
also didn't say I had to have the lightest, fastest, nimblest and most
comfy bike.

But IMHO, the Sprint has one of the best compromises of those four traits.
(but certainly biased towards fast and comfy) So does my KLR which is
biased towards light and nimble, and on most of the roads around here,
riding the KLR I would leave your choices in the dust (often literally).

Realizing that one bike won't do it all is why I have three very different
bikes in my garage.

I don't remember any of the bikes you mention coming with hard luggage, and
anyways, my chiropractor probably wouldn't let me ride them.

>Matt, if you are into bikes that are 'light, fast,
>nimble, and comfortable', why do you subscribe to a
>webring for bikes that accomplish ONE of those four?
>
>Buell XB8R, Yammy's R6, or even the much ballyhoo'ed
>Gixxer1000 would be all be *significantly* lighter,
>faster, and more nimble than yours (and my) choice of
>bike.  You can't disreguard STYLE - which I believe
>the Sprint and this new "Double Deuce" have in spades.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned