RE: [ST] RE: (ST) New file uploadedZ

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Andy Cunningham wrote:

> > yup, one of the mechanics at BMW of Dallas has done the conversion.
> > Exact same frame and engine on both bikes, so it is a simple part swap.
>
> Surely there's a little more to it than that?  Aren't the suspension
> linkages different on each bike?  And you'll also need the rear brake from
> an ST.

Of course you will likely have to break the chain, brake line is
probably different as well. I would imagine that the brake calipers
would be the same. Of course different rim. My guess is that the linkage
would be the same. Can't think of a reason why it would not be. AFAIK
the bike have the same suspension geometry, just a different chunk of Al
support the rear wheel??

> Is there anyone who knows exactly what components are needed from an ST to
> put a SSSA on an RS?  Just out of interest of course! :-)

Anyone will to look for part numbers in the service manual. I would, but
its at home

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 10 months old, 15,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500