[ST] Tire question

Please forgive me raising the tire subject, but I have newly acquired an ST
and have read the comments on triumphnet
by various riders concerning tires.

The stock rear Battlax BT57R is about ready for replacement (having
flattened in the center, but with plenty of side tread).
The front Battlax is still good.

My questions are:

1) I read the BT57 is no longer manufactured and has been replaced by the
BT010. True? Should I go with the 010 on the rear? (There is also a BT 020
with more emphasis on the "touring" aspect--any feedback on it? I wouldn't
mind the added
mileage if handing not too compromised).

2) When it's time to replace both front and rear tires together, what is the
consensus? Stay with Battlax or perhaps Avons or Dunlap.

Again, sorry to raise a hackneyed subject...but, thanks for any help.

Mitch