[ST] Re: Rain X

Has anybody used Rain X on their face shield or windscreen?  It's written on
the Rain X box not to use it on coated plastic.  In addition, it says to
consult the plastic manufacturer before applying Rain X.  I own an Arai
helmet but I can't find an Arai corporate website.  Nor, can I get on the
triumph LTD website, I think they're renovating.  My royal star's windscreen
says "Lexan", and I can see that it's coated because it's begining to peel
off at the edges.   My sprint's windscreen doesn't indicate what it's made
of, but it does look coated.  Does anybody have any practical experience
using this stuff? Can I just slap it on the windscreen and faceshield and
not worry about it?  Thanks, VB