Re: [ST] Re: Rain X

I tried it once on an old Shoei RF200 shield as a test and it hazed it so
I never tried it on my Arai shield.  There's another product from Armor
All that's a spray on/wipe off we've used on the cars but it doesn't last
as long as Rain X, but then it's way easier to apply as there isn't the
buffing required with Rain X.  I haven't tried it on a shield yet either
but will and report back...

What I know works well on shields is Plexus, and gives good rain roll off
too.  So I just carry that and clean the shield at the end of a day with
Plexus with no problems, even if you have to Wee Willy it a couple of
times during the day.

The best accessory for rain riding I've found is the Vee Wipe that Rider
Wearhouse sells.  It's a squezee that fits over your finger or thumb that
gives you a good faceshield wiper to clean the mist off with.  Some glove
makers are starting to embed wipers now I see too, wish some of those were
stocked locally.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail