[ST] Ride today?

This is a rare day, one I doubt I'll see too often:

I rode my bike to work today, and took it into the city (Worcester MA, USA)
after work. Nothing unusual about that other than I'm in New England, where
we ought to have a good snow cover by now. At this time of year, my bike is
normally locked down until at least the end of March.

With some strange twist of fate, or perhaps the global warming shifts, my
friends on this list in southern parts of the country, including Georgia,
Texas, the Carolinas, etc, are all buried in the snow we should have. Weird.

For once, and I know I'll live top regret it, I was smiling atop my RS while
the southerners shoveled. Mind you, it *was* only 18F when I left for work,
and warmed up only to the mid-30's, but thanks to heated grips and Gerbings
heated clothing, I was quite comfortable. Don't worry, my friends from down
south, you'll be riding again within days, and anytime now I'll get snow
that'll stick around for two months.

Ken M.
'00 RS