[ST] slippery tires

At what temperature do tires start to lose grip?While I was out for a ride
last week in 35 degree weather I lost the rear end going around a corner at
about 40mph.I know I was nowhere near  the limits of the bike and had been
riding for about 30 minutes so the tires should have been reasonably
warm.The
road was dry and I didn't see any oil or gravel.Is 35 degrees cold enough to
cause that much of a loss in traction?

If you have Michelin Pilots, they start to lose grip at 50 degrees. Real
slippery there! Dunlops and Bridgestones area lot better at low temps. So it
depends on what tire you have.
Bare