Re: [ST] fuel pump whine (was "after 7 months, a bunch of stuff")

Steve Bergman wrote:

> Not all of the fuel pumps whine Bob, just the bad ones and your dealer should
> fix it (under warranty).  My dealer keeps them in stock and replaced mine the
> first time I brought it in without me even asking for it.
>
> Steve Bergman
>
> 01 Sprint ST

Very interesting. After 40K on my red '00 Sprint, I did not experience
any whining, but my '01 brg sprint whines like crazy.  Sometimes it
stops after I start the engine, but other times the damn thing continues
to whine for the entire ride.  I told my riding partner what I was
hearing, but he said,"oh, that's normal", which is exactly what our
dealer told him.  My partner has a speed triple that has always whined.
So, Steve, it sounds like I should probably talk to the dealer!
Beckie in OR
'01 Sprint ST, brg