Re: [ST] Pillion doze off?

Apex Dawg wrote:

>Now, maybe it's just me but seems to me like the difference between falling

>asleep/head going CLUNK into my back is negligible between falling
>asleep/head going CLUNK on pavement. That scares me a bunch. What do you
>guys do to deal with this?

Well, actually, I'm not entirely kidding - one of our wedding presents back
in 1999 was some Velcro (white, of course) to stick the Lovely Ballast onto
the pillion!

You must be more of a gentleman than I am.  I find the best response to
getting a helmet CLUNK in the middle of the back is to whack the pillion's
leg hard.  Anyway, she has a sort of self-preservation thing where if she
wakes up as she's sliding off the side of the seat, she gets enough of a
fright to stay wide awake for at least another ten minutes!

Actually, she normally only falls asleep on straight roads so I just let her
doze until the next corner, or if a parking area comes first, we'll stop and
do some jumping jack exercises.  They're good for cold feet and stiff legs
too.  So if you ever pass a rest area where two people in bike gear are
jumping around chanting a Chinese nursery rhyme, you know who it is...

Scotty Dawg and China Dawg (the Lovely Ballast)