Re: [ST] Charging

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Edward Neu wrote:

> I have a Battery tender hooked up to my Sprint ST using just the lugs
> attached to the battery and the pigtails comming out of the fairing.  Is
> there any reason you could not put a plug on it and hook it into the
> electrical accessory port (or whatever the weird little DIN plug is called)
> I seem to remember triumph made some adaptor for this purpose, does it plug
> in to the battery tender or is some splicing required?

No reason at all you can't do that, in fact Deltran (the Battery Tender
folks) make an adapter that consists of the BMW type plug at one end and
the SAE plug at the other.  I bought one from my local shop for about $7 -
$8 and use it with my electric vest, since I'd already mounted the lugged
pigtail.  It tested out fine with the tender as well.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail