Re: [ST] fuel pump whine (was "after 7 months, a bunch of stuff")

Yeah, I know it's been an issue discussed on the list in the past. It seems to
show up randomly despite year or model.  Most of the posts I remember related
that the common dealer response was: "they all do it...just live with it".  In
some cases they whine when new and then it gradually tapers off by the time
they get to 6k miles.  In my case it kept getting louder and lasting longer.

  My dealer had no problem making it a warranty issue (or maybe since they had
just had to warranty my whole bike last summer they made a special effort).  I
don't think so though, he made it sound like he was replacing them on a regular
basis.  If you don't get a response from your dealer maybe a call to Triumph
customer service might be in order.  I can't believe Triumph would have
different warranty policies from one dealer to another.  I can garuntee my
dealer didn't just give me a new fuel pump out of his own pocket.

Steve Bergman
'01 Sprint ST