Re: [ST] fuel pump whine (was "after 7 months, a bunch of stuff")

> Very interesting. After 40K on my red '00 Sprint, I did not experience
> any whining, but my '01 brg sprint whines like crazy.  Sometimes it
> stops after I start the engine, but other times the damn thing continues
> to whine for the entire ride.  I told my riding partner what I was
> hearing, but he said,"oh, that's normal", which is exactly what our
> dealer told him.  My partner has a speed triple that has always whined.
> So, Steve, it sounds like I should probably talk to the dealer!
> Beckie in OR
> '01 Sprint ST, brg

Hmmm, are you sure your bike ain't hot? ;^}) My _first_ brg sprint
(stolen by scum) whined pretty badly (always at the start of a trip).
The second whined a bit at first, especially in cold, but got much
better over the break-in period. I also noticed (or think I noticed)
that it was worse with less gas in the tank.

danch
'01 BRG ST