Re: [ST] Arai phone/internet sales policy

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Blake Sobiloff wrote:

> Ben Snyder wrote:
>
> > Not calling you a liar or anything, just telling you
> > what I got straight from the horse's mouth (or hoof
> > since it was written).
>

> No, no offense taken. Maybe we're getting into that murky area where a
> manufacturer might say one thing in print to stave off the liability
> lawyers, while verbally acknowledging another thing to moto journalists?

The big question is, is your head worth it. After seeing how packages
are treated by at least UPS and UPS, I don't know if I trust mail order
helmets. Of course how do the dealerships get the helmets?  From what I
can see the helmets get shipping with no more protection to the dealers
than when to us.

I must admit it would make me feel better if the box the helmet came in
had a bit of padding, no?

So as far as liability, if the FedEx guy drops the box or the box gets
stacked hardright on the side of the box. With only the thickness of the
cardboard to protect it, would it not suffer from the same fate as
dropping it.

Furthermore, would you want to receive a helmet that has been shipped to
at least one person, tried on, maybe a test ride or two, shipped back and
then shipped to you???

Makes you think about the helmet mail order biz, at least it does me.
When I find a helmet that works, I want a virgin helmet when I buy it. I
want my noggin to be the only one shaping the foam.

So in the end we quite the delema, we want a helmet fresh off the
assembly line, but we want to be able to try it on first. So how do we
get to try one helmets that are in good shape, but buy helmets that have
never been worn.