Re: [ST] Arai phone/internet sales policy

I'm sure Arai's lawyers have made it perfectly clear to the marketing folks
that due to liability issues, if a helmet is dropped it must be replaced.
Arai would like you to think that way, because they will get a new helmet
sale out of it, and it makes it easier to defend a suit in court. In court
all they would have to prove is that at some point you've dropped the
helmet previous to the crash.

But the points that Blake made are correct as well.

Use some common sense. If you drop it on a carpeted floor, from 3 feet, you
shouldn't feel you have to rush out and by a new helmet.

Even having it fall off the bike onto a cement floor is probably not going
to hurt it.

A passenger and rider bonking heads is about the same impact, and we don't
all rush out to replace our helmets after that impact.

>This booklet said plan as day when I bought the helmet
>last spring that if you drop the helmet, it's
>finished.
>
>Not calling you a liar or anything, just telling you
>what I got straight from the horse's mouth (or hoof
>since it was written).

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles

Vote for Northern California! Highway 36, the best damn motorcycle road
I've been on.
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300