[ST] Electric vests

Reading the list about electric vests has made me think they might be a good
idea (if I ever get back to Scotland to ride the ST).  So here's the
question.

Does the ST charging system have enough oomph to run two vests (one rider,
one pillion) plus heated grips and still charge the bike?  The current draw
per vest seems to be 3-4 Amps, can't remember how much the grips draw.  Yes,
it's probably been answered before, but the archive seems to have amnesia
just now.

Also, does anyone know if there is a neat 2-way splitter available for the
accessory socket, or do I have to try remember which is the hot end of a
soldering iron and make my own?

Any comments on Widder versus the others?

Of course, we might be moving to Houston soon and I don't think electric
vests would get much use there!

Neil
"A warm Ballast is a happy Ballast"