From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Randy
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 1:13 PM
To: rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] CO2

Blake wrote:
<<
OK, OK, I goofed! :-) Yes, thanks one and all for reminding me that the
dealer sets the CO level, not the CO(2) level. Sorry for the confusion.

Actually, Blake I goofed too as Mike pointed out.  I did a little research
(now I'm an expert thanks to the internet!) and gasoline engines do emit CO2
as well as CO.  Apparently, CO is more immediately harmful but I don't want
to start the great greenhouse debate as regards CO2.

Now, what would be symptoms if the CO was set too high?  My bike runs
perfectly and gets upper 40's to 50 mpg but I swear I remember my dealer
saying he set it at 5% when I had the pipe put on about 8,000 miles ago.
I'm almost at 12K now, so I guess I'll have that confirmed at that service.

Randy
'00 RS