Re: [ST] How to make your ST feel really fast

Matt Knowles wrote:

> As mentioned yesterday, I took off the afternoon to celebrate the fact that
> the sun showed itself for the first time this year. I decided to go check
> out some more routes in case the rallye will be held up here. (So what's
> the decision folks? Blake? Anyone?)
>
> The route was 36 to 3 to 299, covering 250 miles of pure twisties. Riding
> these roads on a winter weekday, I pretty much had them to myself which
> always makes it more fun. Even with a fairly brisk pace, I think I only had
> to pass about a dozen cars, most of which kindly pulled over. Pure bliss.

Geez Matt you really know how to make a working city stiff feel bad on a
week day. I'll get over it. I love those roads you mentioned above. It's
been close to two years since I was on 299, 3 and then 36 back to
Eureka. Last year I did The Lost Coast, Matolle Rd to Honeydew, passed
on the rd to Shelter Cove and continued to the Avenue of the Giants with
a lunch stop in Garberville and visit in the Hemp Shop.

There is a good motel in Eureka that I've stayed at during these Lost
Coast visits. The Thunderbird (or Best Western now). If you get enough
people to reserve rooms, they open up the "courtesy" room or something
like that which is a great place to congregate when not out riding. Old
Eureka is within walking distance and there are now two nice brew pubs.

If it were up to me Matt, I'd vote for your backyard!

Tai
'00 RS 'le pample mousse'
'72 /5