Re: [ST] Battery Tender

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, William Sanders wrote:

>  Regarding the recent discussions/questions concerning the Battery Tender
> and using the Sprint's accessory socket as a means to connect the battery
> charger to the bike.When I ordered my Battery Tender, I was advised that the
> optional 'cigarette lighter' style adapter they offered would not fit the
> Sprint accessory socket. It is a standard automotive style (sized)
> cigar/cigarette plug, which has too large a diameter to fit the accessory
> socket.

Odd, the adapter I took out of the Deltran bag fits perfectly.  While I
have used it with the Tender to maintain, I typically end up using the
pigtail that's lugged to the batt instead since it's already there and I
tend to leave the BMW style plug attached to my vest.

Either someone there doesn't know what they sell, or they don't know out
accessory socket.  But my pigtail doesn't have a weather boot, how do you
get one of those?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail