Re: [ST] Battery Tender

- -----Original Message-----
From: William Sanders <tuckersdad@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Battery Tender

>Hi All,
> Regarding the recent discussions/questions concerning the Battery Tender
>and using the Sprint's accessory socket as a means to connect the battery
>charger to the bike.When I ordered my Battery Tender, I was advised that
the
>optional 'cigarette lighter' style adapter they offered would not fit the
>Sprint accessory socket. It is a standard automotive style (sized)
>cigar/cigarette plug, which has too large a diameter to fit the accessory
>socket.

Curious......

Has anyone replaced the accessory socket on the Sprint with an automotive
styled/sized one? I keep hearing about the special socket plug/in you need
to connect to it (i.e. "available exclusively from BMW"). If I have to track
down an adapter, seems like it would make more sense to get another
accessory (i.e. "standard sized") socket rather than rewire all my
accessories with the specialized "BMW" plug.
There are other uses I can think besides battery chargers and electric vests
that I might occasionally like to be able to plug into a 12v battery. Like a
cell phone charger. Or adapter for a PDA. Or radar detector or..........???
I don't currently use the accesssory socket (no electric vest, no winter
riding,) and I just connect a charger straight to the battery.

Anyone?

Charlie McCullough
'99 Sprint ST (Red - the only proper color)